The Center for Student Opportunity has begun a campaign called "I'm First" that is aimed at first-generation college students. The nonprofit group, with support from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, created a website inspired by Dan Savage's "It Gets Better" videos. The site includes testimonial videos featuring first-generation graduates, as well as tips and guidance about how to navigate college.
- Video series aims to help instructors help first-generation students
- Colleges struggle to engage parents of first-generation college students
- Calm Amid the Storm
- Trends for the First in the Family
- Unexpected First Generation Path
- Who are first-generation students and how do they fare?
- Tolerance and a Reading Selection
- Study: 1-hour program can close achievement gap for first generation college students
Search for Jobs