The Task Force on American Innovation, a coalition of industry and scholarly groups, on Friday wrote to Congressional leaders to urge increased focus on promoting innovation in the American economy. "The many companies, universities, and scientific societies that this task force represents share their view that our role as the world’s innovation leader is in serious jeopardy due to inadequate federal support for research and STEM education," the letter says. "We believe that America must maintain a commitment to its competitiveness and future innovation capabilities. This commitment is vital to short- and long-term economic growth, especially in the competitive global economy."
- Basic Research and National Security
- An Agenda for Graduate Education
- The OECD
- System D and "The Stealth of Nations"
- Taxing Relationships
- French government wants academe to work more closely with business
- Higher ed groups offer suggestions for revamping Higher Education Act
- U.S. Push for Free Online Courses
Search for Jobs