Iranian President Hassan Rohani is calling for more freedom for students and professors at his country's universities, Radio Liberty reported. In a speech at Tehran University, Rohani said that he thought it a "shame" that professors and students "are not able to express their viewpoints." Further, he said that government officials should stop blocking scholars from attending international academic conferences.
- Kansas Faculty Senate Affirms Free Speech
- Charges and Countercharges at Alabama State U.
- Academic Minute: Power, Apologies, and Domestic Discord
- New presidents or provosts: Central Oregon Connecticut Delta State GNTC London South Bank Paine
- Essay on the many ways higher education holds back those off the tenure track
- Faculty-sharing experiment is working out the kinks
- After nearly 15 years, Education Dept. revives fines against two institutions
- A Scholar Detained
Search for Jobs