- New Presidents and Provosts: Biola U., Cleveland State U., Gonzaga U., Rancho Santiago CC District, St. Louis College of Pharmacy, Yavapai College
- New Presidents or Provosts: Biola U., Cleveland State U., Gonzaga U., Rancho Santiago CC District, St. Louis College of Pharmacy, Yavapai College
- New Challenge to Gun Limits on Campuses
- Video highlights Arizona State police arrest of black professor that critics see as racial profiling
- PROFESSOR MEETS GUN: Part Three
Gonzaga University has announced that it will review its ban on gun ownership, The Spokesman-Review reported. Two Gonzaga students are facing punishment, possibly excluding expulsion, after an incident in which they scared away a homeless man who showed up at their door demanding money. The students held up a gun during the incident, but no shots were fired. While the incident ended without violence, the students now face charges of violating Gonzaga's ban on guns in university facilities such as their housing unit. Many have criticized the university, saying that the students showed how guns can be used in self-defense. Thayne McCulloh, president of the university, said now would be a time for a "thoughtful evaluation" of the policy, which for now remains in effect.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories