First Lady Michelle Obama -- who has focused many of her public efforts on fitness, nutrition and military families -- will today start a new effort related to higher education, The New York Times reported. Obama will be focused on encouraging more low-income students to pursue higher education, and will draw on her own background as a child from a working-class family who earned degrees from Princeton and Harvard Universities.
- Barack Obama and Affirmative Action
- White House convenes summit on helping low-income college students
- Michelle Obama speech signals new administration focus on boosting low-income college enrollment
- Essay: Colleges can help students by talking about issues of social class
- Essay on how student engagement strategies can help lower-income students
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories