Robert Morris University this week announced plans to eliminate 7 of its 23 athletic teams. The Pennsylvania-based university said that savings will be used to finance improvements in the remaining athletic programs. The men's teams being eliminated are track (indoor and outdoor), cross country, and tennis. The women’s sports are field hockey, golf and tennis.
- Running in Place
- Quick Takes: Missouri State Eliminates 5 Teams, Oklahoma Bonds Win Court OK, Dallas Community College Fees Upheld, Loan Forgiveness Help for Disabled
- Gender Equity or Finances?
- A Smaller Tulane
- Cutting Community College Athletics
- Maryland will cut eight teams to mitigate athletic budget deficit
- Temple cuts highlight cost of big-time football
- Who Is More Influential -- Jesse Owens or Dwight Eisenhower?
Search for Jobs