Education Secretary Arne Duncan on Monday announced the appointment of two new members to the department’s advisory committee on accreditation.
Simon Boehme, a Cornell University student, and Roberta “Bobbie” Derlin, the associate provost of New Mexico State University will be the newest members of National Advisory Committee on Institutional Quality and Integrity.
Duncan also re-appointed three incumbent members of the panel: Susan Phillips, provost and vice president for academic affairs at the State University of New York at Albany; Frank Wu, chancellor and deal of the University of California Hasting College of the Law; and Frederico Zargoza, vice chancellor of economic and workforce development at Alamo Colleges in San Antonio, Texas.
The committee is set to meet later this week in Washington, D.C.
- U.S. Accrediting Panel Begins to Take Shape
- Introducing the New NACIQI
- NIH Hire Formally Recognizes Age of 'Big Data'
- Report Calls for Resumption of Brandeis-Al-Quds Partnership
- Education Department faces challenges in cracking down on college accreditors
- Most colleges adjust to moving away from Native American mascots
- Academic Minute: How PCBs Alter Bird Songs
- Study examines impact of major vs. impact of college prestige on women's earnings
Search for Jobs