Maranatha Baptist University has started the process of changing its mascot and team name away from "Crusaders," The Wisconsin State Journal reported. Matt Davis, the university's executive vice president, said that there have not been controversies over the name, but that the university wants to avoid one. "In light of our global outreach and a more-advanced understanding of how things could be perceived, we want to avoid that," he said.
- New Presidents or Provosts: Eastern New Mexico U.-Ruidoso, Maranatha Baptist Bible College, National Defense Intelligence College, West Coast U.
- Quick Takes: Registrars and Students Oppose Higher Ed Bill, Oxford Creates Investment Fund, Affordability in U.S. and Canada, Still Crusading at Northwest Nazarene
- New presidents or provosts: Furman Lakeview MICA South Alabama SVSU Union
- Keeping the Choctaws
- Mascots, Indians and Adults-Only Cartoons
- Most colleges adjust to moving away from Native American mascots
- Baylor Dismisses Gay Alumnus From Advisory Board
- Belmont and Baptists Shift Relationship
Search for Jobs