With the Midwest experiencing record low temperatures (and, in some places, serious snow downfall as well), many colleges are calling off classes for today. For some institutions, students are still on break. But for others, today would have been the start of the quarter or semester, or of a January term. But many students had difficulty traveling on Sunday. A sampling of institutions announcing that they are calling off classes and most activities today: DePaul University, Michigan State University, St. Cloud Technical and Community College, University of Chicago, University of Toledo.
One college that announced it would be open today (but with flexibility for those unable to get to campus): Carleton College.
- Essay analyzes two recent disputes over academic freedom
- Syracuse, after refusing to play the rankings game, may care again
- Temple cuts highlight cost of big-time football
- Academic Minute: Liars and Lying
- Prepaid Tuition for Community College
- Essay on all kinds of interviews for academic job candidates
- Historians clash over open access movement
- Historians talk fondly of jobs in government
Search for Jobs