The American Council on Education, the umbrella group of higher education associations in Washington, announced Wednesday that it will add a longtime Education Department official to its lobbying team.
Daniel T. Madzelan, who for several decades was a senior career staffer at the department and served a short stint as acting assistant secretary for postsecondary education at the beginning of the Obama administration, will become the group’s new associate vice president for government relations. He left the department in March 2012, having served for 33 years under six presidents and nine education secretaries.
Madzelan will take the position at the American Council of Education that was held by Becky Timmons, who retired last week after 40 years at the organization.
- Cut From Similar Cloth
- Retiring Education Department official looks back on 30 years of policy
- Zakiya Smith to leave White House for think tank
- Homecoming on Capitol Hill
- Expanding Access Via Distance Ed
- Higher ed lobbyist retires after four decades
- Higher ed in the Congressional election
- The Pendulum Swings on Accreditation
Search for Jobs