The American Council on Education, the umbrella group of higher education associations in Washington, announced Wednesday that it will add a longtime Education Department official to its lobbying team.
Daniel T. Madzelan, who for several decades was a senior career staffer at the department and served a short stint as acting assistant secretary for postsecondary education at the beginning of the Obama administration, will become the group’s new associate vice president for government relations. He left the department in March 2012, having served for 33 years under six presidents and nine education secretaries.
Madzelan will take the position at the American Council of Education that was held by Becky Timmons, who retired last week after 40 years at the organization.
- Higher ed needs better data to spur reform (essay)
- Reaction to three states' proposals for tuition-free community college
- Brandeis Offers Buyouts to 150 Staffers
- Debate over impact Scottish independence would have on universities
- University Accused of Plagiarizing Sexual Misconduct Policy
- UCLA Revises Travel Rules After Investigation
- Key Issues for Business Schools
- Most Teen Workers Don't Save for College
Search for Jobs