The Corcoran College of Art + Design would become part of George Washington University under a plan announced Wednesday. The college and the Corcoran Gallery of Art have struggled financially for some time, and the plan would also involve the National Gallery of Art taking control of the art museum. The announcement of the plan noted that details remain to be worked out. The new plan replaces one announced in April under which the Corcoran would have created an affiliation with the University of Maryland at College Park.
- Museums look for university partners to put them on viable financial path
- When Masterpieces Are Moneymakers
- Not Waiting for the Next Brandeis
- Museums and Academic Values
- 'Hide/Seek' (and Remove)
- College sells painting for $25 million to build endowment
- Are Museums Academic Units?
- 'Mural' and Art in Academe
Search for Jobs