A coalition of higher education, business and other groups seek to make the case for more federal investment in research and higher education with a four-minute video explaining the "innovation deficit." The groups hope to remind members of Congress (and those who influence them) about the important contributions that scientific and other research make to the knowledge economy -- and the economy at large.
- At worldwide gathering of educators, differences emerge
- Situating 'The New Geography of Jobs'
- 'Tough Love' Budget for Science
- Flat, Frozen or Facing Extinction
- New Knock Against Earmarking
- Quick Takes: N.Y. Governor Backs Faculty Expansion, Top Issues for Academic Librarians, New Positions at Duke, Teacher Training Earns Mediocre Grades, Critical Look at Maryland Desegregation, Iran Trip That Isn't, 'Intellectual Affairs' Columnist Honored
- Innovation as a Way of Life
- Texas-Size Compromise
Search for Jobs