Victory U., a For-Profit, Shuts Down
March 7, 2014
Victory University, a for-profit institution in Memphis, is shutting down, Memphis News Channel 3 reported. Rumors have circulated about financial problems at the institution, which has 1,600 students.
- Grand Canyon U., a major for-profit college, considers becoming nonprofit
- Quick Takes: U.S. Audit Slams Fifth Third Over Student Loans, Northeastern Ill. Withdraws Proposal on Protests, Effort to Save AP Italian Fails, Baltimore Hebrew May Merge Into Towson U., For-Profit Purchases
- Quick Takes: WVU Loses Gifts, Anthropologists Question 'Minerva' Project, Johnson C. Smith Tuition Freeze, New Buyer for Myers U., First Contract for Wayne State Part Timers, Flooding Shuts Maine-Fort Kent, Congress Passes Loan Bill
- Quick Takes: Barring Undocumented Students, HR Chief Fired Over Anti-Gay Column, IPO for Grand Canyon U., Apollo in Canada, More Anger Over Schlafly Honor, Inappropriate Influence on Ratings, Surge at Teach for America, Arizona State Drops 3 Sports
- Quick Takes: Affirmative Action Ballot Dispute, Women's Sports Participation, Yale Will Spend More, Supreme Court Rejects Appeal on Campus Elections, Purchase of Textbook Company, New Buyer Possible for Myers U., Better Late Than Never
- Costco U., Adapting to Change in the 21st Century: Making the University a Lean, Mean, Discounting Machine
- Northwestern and Washington State U., with similar needs, pick different learning management systems
- HighWire Press, after 19 years with Stanford U., spins off
Search for Jobs
Cedar Rapids, IA
Chestnut Hill, MA
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
North Dartmouth, MA
Villanova University was founded in 1842 by the Order of Saint Augustine. To this day, Villanova's Augustinian Catholic intellectual tradition is the...
Founded in 1990, the University of Washington Bothell was created to bring the world-renowned University of Washington traditions of academic...