Authorities arrested 73 people Saturday in "Blarney Blowout" parties at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst, the Associated Press reported. Four police officers were injured in a day of clashes with students, some of whom threw beer cans, beer bottles and snowballs at the police.
- Quick Takes: Riot at UMass, Fallout From Iran's Holocaust Gathering, Michigan AG Opposes Universities on Prop 2, Case Western's New Chief, Full Aid for All at Ventura, Racial Tensions at Trinity of Connecticut, Who Gets in to Oxford?
- USC Students Accuse LAPD of Racial Profiling
- Professor Pepper Sprayed During Class
- Attack on Chinese Students in France Condemned as Xenophobic
- U. of Iowa Grad Student Killed After Clash With Police
- Arrests Follow Building Takeover at New School
- Police Clashes at Parties -- Including One at Kent State
- NYU Student Charged in Bizarre Crime
Search for Jobs