David J. Skorton, president of Cornell University, was named Monday as the next secretary of the Smithsonian Institution. Skorton, president of Cornell since 2006, will leave the university in 2015. At Cornell, he has helped raise more than $5 billion. Under Skorton, Cornell and Technion-Israel Institute of Technology won a competition to develop a teachnology-oriented graduate school in New York City.
- Cornell and Technion's win in New York competition reflects desire to grow urban ties
- Unsettling the University-Territory Relationship via Applied Sciences NYC
- Cornell, Stanford go big on competition for New York City campus
- University of Washington and China's Tsinghua U launch institute with Microsoft millions
- Cornell poised to win New York City competiton after Stanford withdraws
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories