The Middle States Commission on Higher Education has told Sojourner-Douglass College that is has until September 1 to show why it should not lose its accreditation, The Baltimore Sun reported. The accreditor cited high debt and questions about financial viability. College officials did not respond to requests for comment.
- Middle States Divided
- Standing Up to 'Accreditation Shopping'
- The Business of Branching Out
- Obama administration plans executive action on higher education accreditation
- Education Department faces challenges in cracking down on college accreditors
- Next Round of Accreditation Agitation
- Dropping a Bomb on Accreditation
- Wilberforce University, the country's oldest private historically black institution, could lose accreditation
Search for Jobs