An employee group at South Puget Sound Community College, facing criticism, has called off a diversity happy hour to which the white people were not invited, KING5 News reported. The email invitation said that there were other ways for white people to gather. "If you want to create space for white folks to meet and work on racism, white supremacy, and white privilege to better our campus community and yourselves, please feel free to do just that," the invitation said. College officials said it was a "mistake" to organize an event that excluded anyone based on race or ethnicity.
- For graduates, the major matters, but so do interpersonal skills (essay)
- Are reports of bullying by female coaches increasing, or just more concerning?
- U. of Tennessee Can't Ban 'Sex Week,' President Says
- Harvard Debates Bloomberg as Commencement Speaker
- Lost faculty job offer raises questions about negotiation strategy
- Colleges award tenure
- Academic Minute: Extinction
- Report outlines attacks on universities and academics around the world
Search for Jobs