Georgetown College in Kentucky will eliminate 20 percent of faculty positions and four majors to deal with a deficit brought on by an enrollment decline, Kentucky.com reported. The majors to be eliminated are computer science, French, German and music. The college is also ending temporarily its matching contributions to employee retirement accounts.
- Languages Plus
- Essay on foreign language competency of new Ph.D.s in languages
- Auf Wiedersehen
- Das Ende for German at USC
- Interview with author of new book on English as the lingua franca of science
- Private colleges remain under the weather
- 'But Where Does That Leave French?'
- Myths on Program Elimination
Search for Jobs