The University of Southern California and the Scripps Research Institute are in talks about an affiliation or even an acquisition of the institute by the university, The Los Angeles Times reported. Scripps is an acclaimed free-standing research institute with campuses in California and Florida. Officials cautioned that there is no imminent agreement, just a continuing discussion.
- New Presidents or Provosts: Brevard CC, Galen U., Hillsborough CC, Pierce College (Calif.), San Jose/Evergreen CC District, Seattle Central CC, Wittenberg U.
- New Presidents and Provosts: Brevard CC, Galen U., Hillsborough CC, Pierce College (Calif.), San Jose/Evergreen CC District, Seattle Central CC, Wittenberg U.
- Quick Takes: MIT Sues Gehry, Universities Defend Animal Research, Budget Woes in California, Settlement and New Name for Fla. Metropolitan, Loyola Pulls Literary Magazine, Condom Plan Blocked, Acadia Strike May End
- UCSD wins key round in legal fight with USC over huge research project
- Essay on issues for colleges to consider when mergers are being discussed
- New Presidents or Provosts: California State U. at Long Beach, Los Angeles Harbor College, Montgomery College, Napa Valley College, New England Institute of Art, U. of Central Florida, U. of North Texas System, Wittenberg U.
- New Presidents or Provosts: Claremont Lincoln U., Columbia College (Calif.), Daytona State College, Fashion Institute of Technology, Southern Maine CC, Texas State Technical College-West Texas
- Quick Takes: Threats Against Boulder Biologists, Edifice Complex at Sonoma State, 6 Year Sentence in Scam, Nursing Program Slammed, Custodians' Jobs Restored, Accountants and Degree Prestige, Europe's Anti-Terror Plans, Tuition Fight in Israel
Search for Jobs