"This Week," Inside Higher Ed's weekly audio program, this week features debate about whether Bill Gates is moderating his views on higher education and analysis of a cadre of colleges outsourcing their adjunct instruction to a company. The Lumina Foundation's Zakiya Smith and John Warner, author of the Just Visiting blog, weigh the significance of Gates's speech with Inside Higher Ed's Doug Lederman and the moderator Casey Green. And the University of Arizona's Gary Rhoades dissects the privatization move by Michigan community colleges and what it means for the adjunct movement.
Stream or download the program here.
Or Click here to receive a reminder when each week's "This Week @ Inside Higher Ed" podcast is available.
- Community college president's leaked email shows plan to trade political support for state funds
- Professor Charged With Filming Students in Bathroom
- Higher ed should create an alternative to ABD status (essay)
- At Senate hearing aimed at states' role in college affordability, Indiana attorney general points finger at feds
- U.S. House votes to change college tax breaks, boost student loan counseling
- Study finds impact of pre-tenure status on publication rates at Korean universities
- Let's differentiate between 'competency' and 'mastery' in higher ed (essay)
- "This Week": The NLRB Ruling on Faculty Unions
Search for Jobs