"This Week," Inside Higher Ed's weekly audio program, this week features debate about whether Bill Gates is moderating his views on higher education and analysis of a cadre of colleges outsourcing their adjunct instruction to a company. The Lumina Foundation's Zakiya Smith and John Warner, author of the Just Visiting blog, weigh the significance of Gates's speech with Inside Higher Ed's Doug Lederman and the moderator Casey Green. And the University of Arizona's Gary Rhoades dissects the privatization move by Michigan community colleges and what it means for the adjunct movement.
Stream or download the program here.
Or Click here to receive a reminder when each week's "This Week @ Inside Higher Ed" podcast is available.
- Interviews: Career Advice from the columns of Inside Higher Ed
- A (slightly) more nuanced Bill Gates offers vision of higher education
- Senate Republicans block student loan reform legislation
- An Education Reading List for Bill Gates
- Adjunct Breakthrough (II)
- White House plan could change relationship between government and higher education
- Gates Foundation announces four priority policy areas on college completion, with data system to come
- Our Discussion of "Higher Ed in 2018"
Search for Jobs