Technical University, in Munich, is planning to switch most master's degrees to English by 2020, The Local reported. Currently about one-third of such programs are in English. The university's president, Wolfgang Herrmann, said, "English is the lingua franca in academia and of the economy." But student leaders are skeptical of switching so many programs to English.
- Indonesia seeks higher education strategy to fill its needs gap
- University of Venus - English as the Academic Lingua Franca
- Panelists debate 'lingua academia' vs. linguistic diversity
- British universities consider policies for foreign students who hire translators
- Ganging Up On 'Gainful Employment'
- Essay on debate in France over use of English at universities
- Geisler essay why Larry Summers is wrong about languages
- Essay on why conservatives hate English courses
Search for Jobs