Mark Landis, who until recently taught accounting at San Francisco State University and the University of San Francisco, has been charged with 15 counts of misdemeanor invasion of privacy for allegedly filming current and former students, and others, using the bathroom in his home, The San Francisco Chronicle reported. A house guest found a camera, set up to film the genital region of males standing at a toilet. Landis reportedly invited students over every weekend. A San Francisco State spokeswoman said that Landis resigned last Friday. A University of San Francisco spokeswoman said that he had been an adjunct there, and that his contract had not been renewed. Landis did not respond to requests for comment.
- Arrest of Black Professor Infuriates Colleagues
- Assault on a Choir
- Quick Takes: Women Need Not Apply, Supreme Court Rejects Delay in Michigan, Davis Pays $725,000 to Ex-Coach, Fake Diploma Blocked, Admission on Stem Cells, Access to Anthropology, Unesco Demands Safety for Iraqi Academics, Maricopa Probe
- Historians Honor Picket Line
- Quick Takes: Ex-Trustee of Compton Arrested, Political Scientists Move '06 Meeting, More Graduates Enter Teaching, Transition at Front Range, Bob Knight Does Reality TV
- Long Distance Mom: Going West
- 'Examined Life'
- Texas A
Search for Jobs