Many American colleges and universities are recruiting more undergraduates from China. An article and video in The Chicago Tribune explore the issues related to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign recruiting about 600 freshmen (around 10 percent of the class) from China. As recently as 2006, Illinois was enrolling only about 20 new undergraduates from China. This year, Illinois held three orientation sessions for Chinese students while they were still in China.
- What Your Frosh Don't Know
- Quick Takes: Frosh Vaccinations Urged, Anti-Gay Fliers at Southern Oregon, Animal Research at Reno, Accidental Admissions at Cal Poly Pomona, Ouster at Quincy
- What Your Frosh Know (and Don't)
- How This Year's Frosh Will Make You Feel Older
- Quick Takes: Obama Picks Adjunct for VP, Presidential Assist With a Keg, Accused Prof Is Likely Dead, Miami Bans Frosh Cars, UMass Seeks to Limit Drinking, Atheists' Gay Jesus Poster Stirs Anger
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories