Double Haiku on MLA Interviewing
After getting reports on the job search process at the convention, Will Hochman turns to poetry.
Drinking half moon night
Career candidates awake
Morning thwap, thwap, thwap
Twinkling here and there
Helicopters fly like stars
Of English commerce
Will Hochman is associate professor of English at Southern Connecticut State University.
- Radical Shift for MLA -- on Meeting Date
- New Presidents or Provosts: Argosy U.-Seattle, Baruch College, California State U. at Sacramento, Eastern Kentucky U., St. Ambrose U., Southern Methodist U., Stevens Institute of Technology, Wilfrid Laurier U.
- Quick Takes: Colorado Law Would Bar Nobel Prize Money, 'Donations' Help Basketball Recruiting, Palomar Faculty Opppose Texbook Rental, Lake Superior's List of Words to Banish
- Dramatic Plan for Language Programs
- Friends and Colleagues
- Combining Medical and Dental Education
- Tenure Decision
- Delay of Affirmative Action Ban Rejected
Search for Jobs