What's New at University of Venus? 24 March 2012
What’s New at UVenus:
What’s New With Our Writers:
● Elizabeth Lewis Pardoe attended Northwestern University’s 2012 Best Practices Forum: Ideas to Action and acted on the networking lessons of the UVenus Challenge.
● Deanna Englandwill be presenting a paper on the implication of skin in relation to the SlutWalk movement at the University of Winnipeg Women and Gender Studies Colloquium on March 31.
● Janni Aragongave an invited lecture for the UVIC Recruitment offices to prospective students and their parents and she was on the Real Parenting Radio Show CFAX 1070 talking about Breathe Now and Tweens, Teens and Popular Culture.
● Mary Churchill acted as a process observer at the March 10th launch of the Improving School Choice initiative with the Boston Public Schools.
Our Writers At Other Blogs:
● Melonie Fullick discussed the lack of reliable statistics about graduate education at her blog, Speculative Diction, and also did an interview for McMaster’s Public Intellectuals Project (here’s part one, and part two).
● Janni Aragon wrote a movie review about the Hunger Games; she also offered a tongue in cheek discussion about student excuses. Janni explains her involvement with Breathe Now and dispensed advice for academic conferences.
● Don’t miss Tuesday’s #femlead Twitter chat on Mentoring, hosted by Brenda Bethman.
Read more by
Opinions on Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Blog U
What Others Are Reading