With the World Conference on Higher Education -- sponsored by the United National Scientific and Cultural Organization -- scheduled to open in Paris at the end of the week, regional pre-conferences are issuing recommendations for the body. Delegates from Arab nations on Friday issued a "Cairo Declaration" on their goals, with an emphasis on ways that higher education can promote peace and development. European delegations met this month as well and issued the "Bucharest Message" calling for an emphasis on access and equity. The U.S. delegation will be led by Jill Biden, wife of Vice President Joe Biden and an adjunct at Northern Virginia Community College.
- Commencement Speakers Announced: Bethany, Genesee CC, St. Norbert, U. of Delaware
- A Global Agenda
- Biden, opting out of 2016 run, backs four years of free public college
- Biden announces new consortium to promote apprenticeships as pathway to college degree
- Suggestions for the Summit
- Quick Takes: Obama Picks Adjunct for VP, Presidential Assist With a Keg, Accused Prof Is Likely Dead, Miami Bans Frosh Cars, UMass Seeks to Limit Drinking, Atheists' Gay Jesus Poster Stirs Anger
- The European Higher Education Area: Retrospect and Prospect
- EDUCAUSE Day 1: Has Ed Tech (Finally) Turned the Corner?
Search for Jobs