Academic professionals in Illinois are worried that legislation under consideration would move classification of their jobs from their universities to a state civil service commission, The News-Gazette reported. The academic professionals -- and university administrators too -- say that universities are better able to determine the qualifications needed for various jobs.
- Contract renewal for adjunct with criminal past raises academic freedom concerns at Illinois
- U. Illinois board votes 'No' on Salaita appointment
- U. of Illinois apparently revokes job offer to controversial scholar
- Illinois law will restrict universities' use of search firms
- Classify Programs, Not Colleges
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories