Federal authorities have charged Craig Grimes, a former professor at Pennsylvania State University, with fraud, making false statements and money laundering associated with $3 million in federal grants, the Associated Press reported. The charges relate to grants from the National Institutes of Health and the Department of Energy. Grimes did not respond to requests for comment.
- Congress's 'Secret Shopper'
- Ever-Expanding False Claims Act
- Quick Takes: Prof Accused of Hacking, Megagift Possible for Texas, 4 Suspended for Obama Effigy, Anthropology Debate, Trouble for MyRichUncle, Liberal Arts Advice for Next President, American Indian Enrollments, New Leader for Hughes Institute
- Robbing Peter
- Quick Takes: Northridge Student Held in Iran, Debt Is Up, Ex-Dean at Louisville Indicted, Grade Tampering, Ad Compares Stem Cell Research to Tuskegee Study, Young Voters, Oral Roberts Settles, Threats at Neb., Apple U., SUNY Criticized on Crime Reports
- NCAA inquiry at Penn State is unprecedented involvement in criminal matter
- Quick Takes: Fire Kills 2 NC State Students, Econ Nobel, ETS General Ed Test, Indictments on Alleged Diploma Mills, Adams State President Fired, Problems for Barber-Scotia, Medical School Allows Gay Group, Morehead Students Charged With Burning Newspaper
- Report links global cuts to higher education to corruption
Search for Jobs