A student at Virginia College’s Augusta, Ga., campus has been arrested for allegedly giving her pregnant professor a tainted snack cake. Diane Ambrose was charged with reckless conduct after offering her professor a sealed cake she had injected with a foreign substance through the wrapper, WRDW-TV reported. The Richmond County Sheriff's Office says the 12-week-pregnant professor developed a stomach ailment two weeks ago, after eating the treat. Another student knew about Ambrose's alleged plan, but didn’t tell the professor until she knew she had become sick.
Virginia College did not return a call for comment on the condition of the professor and Ambrose's student status. Ambrose, arrested Wednesday, was out on bail Thursday.
- New Presidents or Provosts: Chandler-Gilbert CC, Dartmouth College, Holy Names U., Khalifa U. of Science, Technology and Research, Loyola U. Chicago, U. of Central Missouri, U. of Victoria, U. of Wisconsin-Stevens Point
- Social Media and Collegiate Athletics
- NCAA in Orlando: Mickey, Minnie and Myles
- Stream Away
- The Town with No Tuition?
- Biography follows life of MLK mentor, Morehouse president
- Sit in My Chair
- Mothering at Mid-Career: Learning from Failure
Search for Jobs