A student at Virginia College’s Augusta, Ga., campus has been arrested for allegedly giving her pregnant professor a tainted snack cake. Diane Ambrose was charged with reckless conduct after offering her professor a sealed cake she had injected with a foreign substance through the wrapper, WRDW-TV reported. The Richmond County Sheriff's Office says the 12-week-pregnant professor developed a stomach ailment two weeks ago, after eating the treat. Another student knew about Ambrose's alleged plan, but didn’t tell the professor until she knew she had become sick.
Virginia College did not return a call for comment on the condition of the professor and Ambrose's student status. Ambrose, arrested Wednesday, was out on bail Thursday.
- Vanderbilt athlete arrested for alleged rape played Saturday for Alcorn State
- Towson Reduces Punishment for Cheer Team Accused of Hazing
- Sheldon Hackney Dies at 79
- Academic freedom concerns may jeopardize Wellesley-Peking partnership
- New leader selected for White House office for historically black colleges
- How to do good research at a teaching-intensive institution (essay)
- Academic Minute: GPS Hijacking
- Essay calls for a more ambitious concept for residence life
Search for Jobs