The American Public University System, which consists of the Charles Town, W.Va.-based American Public University and American Military University, announced on Thursday it will allow its students to earn academic credit by taking massive open online courses. The 10 science, technology and mathematics courses -- five each from MOOC providers Coursera and Udacity -- have received credit recommendations from the American Council on Education. In a statement, the university said it may expand its offerings and incorporate more MOOC providers in the future.
- ACE to assess Udacity courses for credit
- MOOCs spread quickly, aided by no-bid deals with public universities
- Blackboard, the largest provider of classroom management software, enters the MOOC fray
- State systems and universities in nine states start experimenting with Coursera
- Citing disappointing student outcomes, San Jose State pauses work with Udacity
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories