New signs of the economic difficulties facing all kinds of colleges: Administrators and staff members at John Carroll University are being required to take two weeks of unpaid leave, while faculty members are being asked to vote on a proposal to cut their salaries, The Plain Dealer of Cleveland reported. ... The University of Washington is cutting 70 jobs from its fund raising operations, citing a drop of 25 percent in the value of the university's endowment, the Associated Press reported.
- Quick Takes: Affirmative Action Ballot Dispute, Women's Sports Participation, Yale Will Spend More, Supreme Court Rejects Appeal on Campus Elections, Purchase of Textbook Company, New Buyer Possible for Myers U., Better Late Than Never
- Quick Takes: Violent Fights, Private Loan Recommendations, Black Students' Security Fears at Northern Illinois, Myers U. Plans to Shut Down, Canadian Price War, More Than a Minyan at Muhlenberg, Happy Academics in Iceland
- Quick Takes: Equal Opportunity Banning, Title IX Settlement, Protests at Martin U., Case Western Back in the Black, SAT Security Lapse, Framingham State's Tin Ear, The Theft and Return of Mr. Rogers' Shoe
- Quick Takes: Flat Funds for Arts and Humanities, More Than a Gold Watch at Miami Dade, SUNY to Ban Smoking in Dorms, Unique Collaboration in Chapel Hill
- Quick Takes: WVU Loses Gifts, Anthropologists Question 'Minerva' Project, Johnson C. Smith Tuition Freeze, New Buyer for Myers U., First Contract for Wayne State Part Timers, Flooding Shuts Maine-Fort Kent, Congress Passes Loan Bill
- Quick Takes: Independence Talks at Antioch, Better Teacher Ed Students, Maine's Future Students, Southern Accreditor's Actions, SC State President Ousted, Middle School Role, Science Debate, Theologian Criticized, Myers Reprieve, 'Leveraging Excellence'
- Quick Takes: Degree-less in Ohio, Gifts and Contracts, Hazing at Berkeley
- Quick Takes: Court Rejects Ark. Ex-Coach's Suit, Caltech Names President, Layoffs at Case Western, Delaware Drops Early Decision, Hack Attack at Sacred Heart, Debate Team Drug Use, Support for Free Speech in Pa.
Search for Jobs