The board of Florida Keys Community College will meet today and may fire Jill Landesberg-Boyle as president, The Miami Herald reported. The board has already restricted her ability to fire anyone. In two years in office, she has won praise from many -- and appears to have strong backing from current faculty members -- for improving academic programs, finding additional funds for projects and beautifying the campus. But her critics say she is verbally abusive, fires employees unfairly and has created a "toxic" environment. Landesberg-Boyle has admitted to having a "potty mouth," but has defended her agenda, and her supporters note that she has faced anonymous critics ever since starting to institute some reforms.
- 'Potty Parity'
- AAUP says professor was inappropriately denied tenure
- Fordham declines to ban Ann Coulter, but her invitation is rescinded
- U. of Texas at Austin leader won't be forced out immediately
- When Is a Suspension Not a Suspension?
- String of unseemly revelations about Rutgers athletic staff calls vetting process into question
- Lessons of Parenthood
- Enrollment Managers Struggle With Image
Search for Jobs