Raymond Vance Fulkerson, facing 15 counts of sexual misconduct involving 13 alleged victims, has resigned his tenured position as theater professor at the University of Northern Colorado, The Denver Post reported. University officials said that they did not pay Fulkerson to quit, and that he will receive only the standard benefits, such as retirement accounts, to which he would normally be entitled. The university is also investigating Fulkerson. As reported earlier by the Post, a number of students filed complaints about Fulkerson, a theater professor, over what they considered inappropriate sexual advances, and some believe that the university did nothing to stop the pattern. The former students described incidents involving Fulkerson -- and one former professor confirmed that complaints were filed and nothing happened -- in the wake of his arrest in July, based on a complaint that he had a video monitoring system set up in the bathroom at his home. The Post reported that Fulkerson told police the video system was for use with paid models. But former students reported that Fulkerson would -- during private voice lessons at his house -- encourage them to go to the bathroom to urinate while singing (allegedly claiming that this would help their singing) and that he filmed them there without their knowledge. Others reported that he took them on trips to events that then didn't take place, promising separate hotel rooms that became one room, and made advances, frequently after drinking with the students. Fulkerson is expected to enter a plea in the case in November.
- $500,000 Harassment Verdict Against a President
- Outside study finds UConn ignored allegations that professor endangered children and harassed students
- Unofficial Internet campaign outs professor for alleged sexual harassment, attempted assault
- Essay on need for colleges to take more seriously the issue of harassment by faculty members of students
- Language in sexual assault surveys criticized by students as triggering
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories