Some college presidents work hard to set examples for students. At Northampton Community College, in Pennsylvania, Arthur Scott not only got a flu shot, but let himself be filmed doing so (with the video going to YouTube) to encourage students to get the shots. Meanwhile, Jeff Olson of North Arkansas College is trying to publicize a new lottery in the state that will support college scholarships. The Harrison Daily Times reported that he expressed his support by spending $10 on tickets (alas, without a win). Another college president, Allen Meadors of the University of Central Arkansas, spent $10 on tickets and made a total of $21. He pledged to give the $11 he gained to the university's foundation.
- New Presidents or Provosts: Lincoln U. (Mo.), Seton Hall U., Walden U.
- A New Jersey legislator is proposing a lottery to clear the winners' student loan debt
- New presidents provosts: berea cuesta dillard emu kennedy-king nicc
- New Presidents or Provosts: Birmingham-Southern College, LDS Business College, Northwestern U., Riverside CC, Schenectady County CC
- Youngstown State hires former coach Tressel as its president
- New Presidents or Provosts: Centenary College (La.), Central Georgia Technical College, Essex County College, Harrison College, Southwestern Oklahoma State U., Truman State U.
- Telling Your Campus Story with Drones and Vlogs
Search for Jobs