The e.Republic Center for Digital Education and Converge Magazine last week named the most technology-savvy community colleges in the country, based on a recent survey of community college officials. Montgomery County Community College, in Pennsylvania, received the highest marks among colleges with more than 7,500 students, whose top finishers also included two colleges from Virginia and two from Maryland. Laramie County Community College in Wyoming took the top spot among mid-sized institutions (3,000 to 7,500 students), while Panola College in Texas won the small-college category. The survey asked voters to assess the community colleges based on several metrics, including their use of distance education, available technology training, and the extent to which they had integrated Web 2.0 tools. The full rankings are available on the center's Web site.
- No Laughing Matter
- Midway College's attempt at creating a pharmacy school shows dangers of assumed quick fix
- Wireless devices weigh down campus networks
- Excelsior aims to help take other nonprofits online
- A Calmer, Less Commercial, and More Skeptical EDUCAUSE 2016?
- MOOCs to MOCCs
- Fallout From Auto Industry Collapse
- Number of college employees declines slightly
Search for Jobs