The University of Mississippi has shortened its fight song, hoping to discourage fans from responding to the song with a traditional chant of "the South will rise again," the Associated Press reported. The student government has been trying to change the chant to "to hell with LSU," citing the way the phrase about the South rising again is offensive to some. At last week's football game, some fans stuck wit the original chant.
- James Carville on Public Higher Education
- Rites of Passagio
- Louisiana State University player to auction jersey, despite NCAA rules
- When 'Not Gay' is 'Not OK'
- U. of Mississippi tries new approach to its history with race -- and faces criticism
- Coach's shove of player renews debate about conduct of athletic officials
- Fight on for Ol' Ki Yi
- Teacher Appreciation
Search for Jobs