In 2005, Syracuse University created MayFest, a one-day festival of academic events, with regular classes called off for the day. The Syracuse Post-Standard reported that students responded by organizing massive off-campus parties on that day. So this year, the university has renamed the event -- and will not cancel classes.
- 13 Days Off Campus at Ed Tech Events - You?
- Quick Takes: Jury Orders HP to Pay Cornell $184 Million, Disputed Report at WVU, No Confidence at Monroe CC, Bush at Furman, Facebook Snooping at Seattle U.
- Tragedy at a Party
- Can you put an end to a legendary college party?
- A university president's unique approach to curbing student drinking
- Not Voting With Their Feet, Exactly...
- Essay urges colleges seeking to curb dangerous drinking to focus on educating party hosts
Search for Jobs