The Massachusetts Board of Higher Education on Tuesday approved a plan for the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth to absorb the Southern New England School of Law, a freestanding, private institution. Massachusetts residents will gain a public law school under the plan, which university leaders pushed. But critics -- including some at the state's private law schools -- questioned the move.
- Law Partners
- 'Architecture & Academe'
- College merger negotiations are long and complicated
- Quick Takes: Colo. Lawsuit Dismissed, Mass. Law School Rejected, Medical College Cleared
- Hungry for Jobs
- Kentucky limits on debt issuance hinder university constructions
- Quick Takes: Mo. Governor Wants to Sell Loan Agency, Did Donation Help Residency Applicant at Irvine?, Student Group Sues Education Dept., Seton Hall's Typo Sends Applicants to Phone Sex Line
- Legal Education at a Distance
Search for Jobs