Is the College Board favoring students who are experts on Snooki? Many students who took the SAT this month were surprised to find an essay prompt on reality television shows, and some students who prefer more educational forms of entertainment complain that they were at a disadvantage in writing their essays, The New York Times reported. Student discussion boards have many comments from students who took the most recent SAT saying that they don't watch television or this particular genre. College Board officials defended the question, saying that all the information students needed for the essay was in the prompt.
- It's a Jersey Thing
- College Board president gives some hints about changes in the SAT
- Alternate Academic Reality
- Coaching and Lasting Out New SAT
- The New SAT: Longer, but No Better?
- Jump in ACT Scores
- College Board releases examples of the changes coming to the SAT
- Q&A with author of book about coaching students on admissions essays
Search for Jobs