Many students and faculty members at Tsinghua University, in China, have been stunned to find that "the No. 4 Teaching Building" has been renamed for a corporate supporter, Xinhua reported. The building is now called "Jeanswest Building" after a clothing company. Officials noted that Jeanswest had helped the university financially, but some on campus are saying that the university is "selling itself."
- Quick Takes: Fisk and O'Keeffe Museum Compromise, Eastern Mich. Alters Crime Policies, Bribes for Foreign Students, Voorhees and President Move On, Fight Over Ousted Prof in New Zealand, Crown College Stripped of Accreditation
- University of Washington and China's Tsinghua U launch institute with Microsoft millions
- Will a China Slowdown Stall Growth in International Students?
- Quality Control Across Borders
- Rose-Colored Glasses on China?
- Quick Takes: Physicists Affirm Stance on Climate Change, Resignations at VCU, Tuition Cut at Salt Lake CC, Building Capacity for Study Abroad, Australia's Segregated Campuses
- New book explores achievements and challenges of China's 'rising research universities'
- From Modernist to Modern
Search for Jobs