Many students and faculty members at Tsinghua University, in China, have been stunned to find that "the No. 4 Teaching Building" has been renamed for a corporate supporter, Xinhua reported. The building is now called "Jeanswest Building" after a clothing company. Officials noted that Jeanswest had helped the university financially, but some on campus are saying that the university is "selling itself."
- Quick Takes: Fisk and O'Keeffe Museum Compromise, Eastern Mich. Alters Crime Policies, Bribes for Foreign Students, Voorhees and President Move On, Fight Over Ousted Prof in New Zealand, Crown College Stripped of Accreditation
- Quality Control Across Borders
- Quick Takes: Physicists Affirm Stance on Climate Change, Resignations at VCU, Tuition Cut at Salt Lake CC, Building Capacity for Study Abroad, Australia's Segregated Campuses
- Rose-Colored Glasses on China?
- New book explores achievements and challenges of China's 'rising research universities'
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories