The Los Angeles Community College District and the local district attorney are investigating spending by the director of a foundation that provides scholarships to needy students at Los Angeles Trade-Technical College, The Los Angeles Times reported. Rhea Chung's expenses included more than $9,000 on golf outings, spending of $2,300 at the Los Angeles Philharmonic and a $1,500 monthly car allowance. Chung, who has been placed on leave, told the Times that the spending was an appropriate way to provide access to potential donors.
- New Presidents or Provosts: Brevard CC, Galen U., Hillsborough CC, Pierce College (Calif.), San Jose/Evergreen CC District, Seattle Central CC, Wittenberg U.
- New Presidents and Provosts: Brevard CC, Galen U., Hillsborough CC, Pierce College (Calif.), San Jose/Evergreen CC District, Seattle Central CC, Wittenberg U.
- Reaching Students Who Don't Report Depression
- Green Planning on a Grand Scale
- Ask the Administrator: Donations to CC's
- Quick Takes: Decline in Black Freshmen Stuns UCLA, Taylor U. Defends Role in Post-Crash Error, Court Upholds Knight Firing, Basic Research Funds Drop, Turnover in Texas, Scrutiny for Pittsburgh Community College, Capital President Out, G8 on Education
- New Scrutiny on Expense Accounts
- Adjunct wins right to learn name of student critic
Search for Jobs