The Los Angeles Community College District and the local district attorney are investigating spending by the director of a foundation that provides scholarships to needy students at Los Angeles Trade-Technical College, The Los Angeles Times reported. Rhea Chung's expenses included more than $9,000 on golf outings, spending of $2,300 at the Los Angeles Philharmonic and a $1,500 monthly car allowance. Chung, who has been placed on leave, told the Times that the spending was an appropriate way to provide access to potential donors.
- For-profit-college investor and architect of Obama regulations debate
- L.A. Community College Foundation Director Quits in Wake of Audit
- Is NCAA governance on the brink of reform?
- British Academic Questions 'University' Status of For-Profits
- Glenn McGee raises a storm in the bioethical world
- Texas wants to boost four-year graduation rate by 20 points
- Foundation Audit Uncovers Possibility of Forgeries
- New Presidents or Provosts: Brevard CC, Galen U., Hillsborough CC, Pierce College (Calif.), San Jose/Evergreen CC District, Seattle Central CC, Wittenberg U.
Search for Jobs