More Adjuncts Push to Unionize
March 30, 2012
More moves by adjuncts to unionize:
- Adjuncts at Bergen Community College have voted to unionize through the American Federation of Teachers, The Bergen County Record reported. New Jersey community colleges have seen strong union representation among adjuncts, and organizers at Bergen said that they were impressed with gains made at other campuses.
- The United Steelworkers -- not a major force in academic labor, but a major force in Pittsburgh labor -- has started a campaign to organize adjuncts at Duquesne University, The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported. The union is considering similar drives among adjuncts at other colleges in the area.
- Newspaper column on 'Death of an Adjunct' prompts debate
- Duquesne adjunct group wants to organize with steelworkers' union's help
- Essay on class warfare in academe
- Adjunct conference highlights conflict between fear and action
- Duquesne U adjuncts object to possible threat not to rehire those involved in union drive
- Union activity leads to gains for adjuncts even when bids fail or stall
- Union conference marks growth of adjunct organizing strategy
- Celebrating Successes and Moving Forward
Search for Jobs
Chestnut Hill, MA
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
North Dartmouth, MA
Cedar Rapids, IA
Why work at UOW Choosing a career at the University of Wollongong (UOW) is full of possibilities and will put you in the forefront of learning,...
A New University with a Long History The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley was created by the Texas Legislature in 2013 in a historic move that...