More Adjuncts Push to Unionize
March 30, 2012
More moves by adjuncts to unionize:
- Adjuncts at Bergen Community College have voted to unionize through the American Federation of Teachers, The Bergen County Record reported. New Jersey community colleges have seen strong union representation among adjuncts, and organizers at Bergen said that they were impressed with gains made at other campuses.
- The United Steelworkers -- not a major force in academic labor, but a major force in Pittsburgh labor -- has started a campaign to organize adjuncts at Duquesne University, The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported. The union is considering similar drives among adjuncts at other colleges in the area.
- Adjuncts at Robert Morris U. Vote to Unionize
- NLRB Rejects Religious Exemption for Duquesne
- Duquesne adjunct group wants to organize with steelworkers' union's help
- Laureate Preparing for IPO
- Newspaper column on 'Death of an Adjunct' prompts debate
- Duquesne Sues Insurer Over Birth Control
- Pitt Shooter Was Barred by Duquesne
- Point Park U. Adjuncts Vote to Form Union
Search for Jobs
PILANI, RAJASTHAN, India
La Plata, MD
Rock Hill, SC
Nestled in the foothills of the North Georgia mountains, Dalton State College offers a number of high-demand bachelor's degrees in addition to...
Founded in 1950 by the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary, Marymount is a comprehensive, coeducational Catholic university located just minutes...