More Adjuncts Push to Unionize
March 30, 2012
More moves by adjuncts to unionize:
- Adjuncts at Bergen Community College have voted to unionize through the American Federation of Teachers, The Bergen County Record reported. New Jersey community colleges have seen strong union representation among adjuncts, and organizers at Bergen said that they were impressed with gains made at other campuses.
- The United Steelworkers -- not a major force in academic labor, but a major force in Pittsburgh labor -- has started a campaign to organize adjuncts at Duquesne University, The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported. The union is considering similar drives among adjuncts at other colleges in the area.
- Newspaper column on 'Death of an Adjunct' prompts debate
- Duquesne adjunct group wants to organize with steelworkers' union's help
- Essay on class warfare in academe
- Adjunct conference highlights conflict between fear and action
- Duquesne U adjuncts object to possible threat not to rehire those involved in union drive
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories
Mission Viejo, CA
Crystal Lake, IL
Saint Paul, MN
Rohnert Park, CA
Who will create tomorrow’s designs? Tomorrow’s fashions? Tomorrow’s media? Or tomorrow’s cuisines? Our students find those answers at The Art...
Case Western Reserve University is among the nation's leading research institutions. Founded in 1826 and shaped by the unique merger of the Case...