More Adjuncts Push to Unionize
March 30, 2012
More moves by adjuncts to unionize:
- Adjuncts at Bergen Community College have voted to unionize through the American Federation of Teachers, The Bergen County Record reported. New Jersey community colleges have seen strong union representation among adjuncts, and organizers at Bergen said that they were impressed with gains made at other campuses.
- The United Steelworkers -- not a major force in academic labor, but a major force in Pittsburgh labor -- has started a campaign to organize adjuncts at Duquesne University, The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported. The union is considering similar drives among adjuncts at other colleges in the area.
- Newspaper column on 'Death of an Adjunct' prompts debate
- Duquesne adjunct group wants to organize with steelworkers' union's help
- Essay on class warfare in academe
- Adjunct conference highlights conflict between fear and action
- Duquesne U adjuncts object to possible threat not to rehire those involved in union drive
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories
Baton Rouge, LA
San Marcos, TX
Mills is an independent liberal arts college for women with graduate programs for women and men. The College educates students to think critically...
Colorado Mountain College has eleven locations across 12,000 square miles in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. It’s the perfect place to begin an...