Northern Virginia Community College is the latest two-year institution to announce a partnership with the University of Phoenix, with the announcement yesterday of a transfer agreement. Students from the community college will get a tuition discount when they transfer to Phoenix, according to a news release. They will also be able to tap the for-profit provider's prior learning assessment offerings, which can grant college credit for prior training and work experience. President Obama, who has often been critical of for-profits, has visited Northern Virginia five times for photo ops and to give speeches. Jill Biden, the vice president's wife, is a professor at the college.
- University of Phoenix is down but not out
- Commencement Speakers Announced: Bethany, Genesee CC, St. Norbert, U. of Delaware
- How High a Summit?
- Suggestions for the Summit
- University of Phoenix faces possible probation by accreditor
- Biden, opting out of 2016 run, backs four years of free public college
- Biden announces new consortium to promote apprenticeships as pathway to college degree
- Colleges announce commencement speakers
Search for Jobs