Lafayette College is considering what actions it can take with regard to underground fraternities -- organizations that lost their recognition due to various rules violations but that continue to function unofficially, The Express-Times reported. The college's interest in the issue has grown following the death of a freshman who died after drinking alcohol believed to have been provided by an underground fraternity.
- Fraternity Fatalities
- Should colleges ban fraternities and sororities?
- Administrators Indicted in Hazing Death
- Drinking and Deaning
- How widespread are the issues facing fraternities?
- Freshman deaths show risks of transitioning to college life
- Amherst bans membership in underground fraternities
- Colleges turn to campuswide bans of fraternity, sorority parties
Search for Jobs