A new conference in the National Collegiate Athletic Association’s Division II will comprise nine of the 12 member institutions of the West Virginia Intercollegiate Athletic Conference, which is dissolving at the end of this academic year, the NCAA announced Wednesday. The Mountain East Conference will be made up of the University of Charleston, Concord University, Fairmont State University, Glenville State College, Notre Dame College, Shepherd University, Urbana University, the University of Virginia’s College at Wise, West Liberty University, West Virginia State University, West Virginia Wesleyan College and Wheeling Jesuit University.
The Mountain East will conduct championships in baseball, men’s and women’s basketball, men’s and women’s cross country, football, men’s and women’s golf, men’s and women’s soccer, softball, men’s and women’s tennis, men’s and women’s track and field, and women’s volleyball.
- New book explains why women outpace men in education
- International higher education administrators discuss the future of the field
- Wrestler Loses Scholarship for Posting His Music Online
- Coppin State Misses Deadline for Paying Adjuncts
- Expert considers the unwritten dress code at Oxford
- NCAA Sues Over State's Attempt to Change Penn State Sanctions
- Networked Humanities Conference: A Report
- Attending a Conference: Altac Edition
Search for Jobs