The University of Central Florida has suspended Hyung-il Jung, an instructor, over a comment about "a killing spree," but students say that he posed no danger and was misunderstood, The Orlando Sentinel reported. Jung told a group of students, he said, something along these lines: "This question is very difficult. It looks like you guys are being slowly suffocated by these questions. Am I on a killing spree or what?" Some students have sent a joint letter to the university saying that there is no need for the investigation Central Florida says it is conducting, and that the comment was clearly a joke.
- Online courses are second choice for community college students in some subject areas
- Canada's Prime Minister: Don't 'Commit Sociology'
- Pearson VUE Test Centers Experience Major Problems
- Did College Take Attack on Student Seriously Enough?
- Outrage at Irvine Over Fraternity's Blackface Video
- Movers and Shakers: Job Changes at Amherst College, Boise State U., California State U.-Long Beach, Greenville Technical College, Northeastern U., U. of Pittsburgh
- College newspapers turn to student fees for funding
- U.S. Lawmakers Ask for Input on Higher Education Act
Search for Jobs