December 5, 2014
University of New Orleans officials on Thursday announced a series of cuts designed to save money in the wake of enrollment declines. The Times-Picayune reported that the plan includes:
- Closing seven degree programs.
- Eliminating the geography department.
- Requiring department chairs to teach a minimum of two courses in the fall and spring semesters, with the goal of reducing reliance on adjuncts.
- Reducing the budget for adjuncts by $1 million.
- Eliminating 10 instructor positions and 4 library positions.
Opinions on Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Blog U
What Others Are Reading