1) A higher education program where students graduate with a credential, but without substantial career development, is a failed experience.
2) Student affairs/services should scale their engagement efforts via intentional (and sustainable) digital outreach. Not knowing the tech isn't an excuse.
3) UK student services is nearing an inflection point...stay tuned for administrative structures (budget/personnel) that look more like US student affairs administrative divisions.
4) The student experience affects an institution's brand and ability to be competitive. A bad experience is bad for marketing and enrollment.
5) No one is a digital native/immigrant...we all have unique levels of digital capability regardless of age.
6) Online-only degree programs are as worthwhile as traditional campus-based experiences.
7) Staff need digital capability/literacy in order to teach digital capability/literacy. You can't have one without the other.
Do you tweet? Let's connect. Follow me on Twitter.
Read more by
Opinions on Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Blog U
What Others Are Reading