So you have not changed the default iPhone e-mail signature line of " “Sent from my iPhone”. (Neither have I).
Don't fool yourself into thinking that you are just going with the default.
You, and me, are really proclaiming something totally different.
What we are really saying is:
1. "I'm the kind of person that is available to work all the time, wherever, whenever."
2. "I'm mobile now but still answering your e-mail".
3. "Offices, desks, laptops, mornings, evenings, weekends, vacations, work/life balance - these are all so 20th century."
4. "I love my iPhone. Do you have any idea how much I love my iPhone?"
5. "Mobile learning, mobile banking, mobile entertainment, mobile productivity, mobile work, mobile me".
6. "I lived through dot-com and housing bubbles, and I am the sort of always available and always productive employee that will make it through whenever the next bubble pops".
7. "My kids think that I am so cool that I have an iPhone for work - but if they think they are getting their own they better be able to pay the monthly bill".
8. "You know, I'm actually sort of conflicted about reading work e-mail at my kids school and sporting events - but I really can't help myself".
9. "I check e-mail on my iPhone approximately once every 3 minutes".
10. "I will read iPhone e-mail in the first seconds that I am awake each morning, and in the last minutes before I fall asleep at night".
11. "I'm talking to you now, but what I really want to be doing is checking e-mail on my iPhone".
12. "E-mail, iPhone, and the bathroom - enough said".
13. "In 2015 my e-mail signature will read - 'Sent from Google Glass'"
What is your iPhone signature telling the world?
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories