July 13, 2012
What’s New at UVenus:
- Denise Horn at University of Venus with Academic stress: reaching the end of an unbalanced semester (Guardian UK).
- Liana Silva at University of Venus with Academic blogging: minority scholars cannot afford to be silent (Guardian UK).
What’s New With Our Writers:
- Elizabeth Lewis Pardoe presented “Bologna & Beyond: Deciphering European Degrees” to the National Association of Fellowship Advisors’ Summer Workshop, “Reaching Out and Digging In.”
- Janni Aragon was interviewed by CTV News regarding the BBQ Chip Bandits in Victoria, BC; CBC All Points West about the recent US Supreme Court decisions; and by the Times Colonist about social media and politics.
- Mary Churchill was nominated to the board of Dudley Main Streets of Boston Main Streets, invited as a member of Boston City Council’s working group on education, and asked to join the advisory group for the re-design of her local neighborhood branch of the Boston Public Library.
Our Writers At Other Blogs:
- Elizabeth Lewis Pardoe looks Forever Forward on the Fourth and visits John Harris’ Burg.
- Bonnie Stewart explored the digital practice of produsage, conducted a blog post-mortem, offered an ex-teacher’s tips for summer learning projects, and finally found a use for her Master’s thesis.
- Lee Skallerup Bessette wrote about class divide and classroom technology at Hybrid Pedagogy. She also participated in the subsequent Twitter chat (#digped) that was inspired by her piece.
- Janni Aragon offers her advice regarding the reappointment process for tenure line faculty and reflects on last year's courses.
Read more by
Inside Higher Ed’s Blog U
What Others Are Reading