July 13, 2012
What’s New at UVenus:
- Denise Horn at University of Venus with Academic stress: reaching the end of an unbalanced semester (Guardian UK).
- Liana Silva at University of Venus with Academic blogging: minority scholars cannot afford to be silent (Guardian UK).
What’s New With Our Writers:
- Elizabeth Lewis Pardoe presented “Bologna & Beyond: Deciphering European Degrees” to the National Association of Fellowship Advisors’ Summer Workshop, “Reaching Out and Digging In.”
- Janni Aragon was interviewed by CTV News regarding the BBQ Chip Bandits in Victoria, BC; CBC All Points West about the recent US Supreme Court decisions; and by the Times Colonist about social media and politics.
- Mary Churchill was nominated to the board of Dudley Main Streets of Boston Main Streets, invited as a member of Boston City Council’s working group on education, and asked to join the advisory group for the re-design of her local neighborhood branch of the Boston Public Library.
Our Writers At Other Blogs:
- Elizabeth Lewis Pardoe looks Forever Forward on the Fourth and visits John Harris’ Burg.
- Bonnie Stewart explored the digital practice of produsage, conducted a blog post-mortem, offered an ex-teacher’s tips for summer learning projects, and finally found a use for her Master’s thesis.
- Lee Skallerup Bessette wrote about class divide and classroom technology at Hybrid Pedagogy. She also participated in the subsequent Twitter chat (#digped) that was inspired by her piece.
- Janni Aragon offers her advice regarding the reappointment process for tenure line faculty and reflects on last year's courses.
Read more by
Opinions on Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Blog U
What Others Are Reading