What’s New at University of Venus? 14 July 2012
July 13, 2012 - 4:13am
What’s New at UVenus:
- Denise Horn at University of Venus with Academic stress: reaching the end of an unbalanced semester (Guardian UK).
- Liana Silva at University of Venus with Academic blogging: minority scholars cannot afford to be silent (Guardian UK).
What’s New With Our Writers:
- Elizabeth Lewis Pardoe presented “Bologna & Beyond: Deciphering European Degrees” to the National Association of Fellowship Advisors’ Summer Workshop, “Reaching Out and Digging In.”
- Janni Aragon was interviewed by CTV News regarding the BBQ Chip Bandits in Victoria, BC; CBC All Points West about the recent US Supreme Court decisions; and by the Times Colonist about social media and politics.
- Mary Churchill was nominated to the board of Dudley Main Streets of Boston Main Streets, invited as a member of Boston City Council’s working group on education, and asked to join the advisory group for the re-design of her local neighborhood branch of the Boston Public Library.
Our Writers At Other Blogs:
- Elizabeth Lewis Pardoe looks Forever Forward on the Fourth and visits John Harris’ Burg.
- Bonnie Stewart explored the digital practice of produsage, conducted a blog post-mortem, offered an ex-teacher’s tips for summer learning projects, and finally found a use for her Master’s thesis.
- Lee Skallerup Bessette wrote about class divide and classroom technology at Hybrid Pedagogy. She also participated in the subsequent Twitter chat (#digped) that was inspired by her piece.
- Janni Aragon offers her advice regarding the reappointment process for tenure line faculty and reflects on last year's courses.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories
Mission Viejo, CA
Crystal Lake, IL
Saint Paul, MN
Rohnert Park, CA
Gloucester County College (GCC), which marked its 46th year of service in 2013, is a publicly supported two-year institution, fully accredited by the...
State Center Community College District (SCCCD) was formed in 1964 when it assumed control of Fresno City College and Reedley College. SCCCD serves...